As for me - I am torn, excited to get home to Dave and the kids, but sad to leave my new friends and the women. But it has been an incredible experience. I am so thankful that I had this opportunity (thank you Dave for looking out for my heart and encouraging me to take this step of faith). And there were a couple things that really needed my attention and so it was actually a blessing I was here during this time. No coincidences!
I'll blog in reflection when I get home, but I compiled a list this morning while drinking my tea on our front porch in Jinja:
11) Catching and eating grasshoppers (yes 5 times - they even sell them cooked at the market, but I prefer the 'fresh' ones and seasoning them myself)
10) The feel of the wind in my face while on the back of a piki (and the ability to watch life here as you go by)
9) Waking up to exotic bird calls
8) Trips to the Central Market
7) Community living - you all know how much I love living with others and these people here have been so fun and amazing - lots of laughter! (esp. our ventures out at night - wink wink Melissa and Amberle)
6) Juicy pineapple, fresh passion fruit juice, and sweet baby bananas (actually fresh produce in general)
5) Having red dirt-stained feet
4) Walking everywhere
3) The amazing LGH volunteers - who have become great friends
2) Sweet Betty and baby David
1) THE BEAUTIFUL FACES, HEARTS, & EMBRACES OF THE WOMEN OF SUUBI
In 5 hours I board a plane and in 30 hours I'll be back in Colorado - not sure what kind of weather I am coming home to! Thanks for taking this journey with me - see you soon!